Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dooms Day


I committed to myself (and Hannah via a very nice Google chat) that I would start exercising and being healthier on May 1st. CRAP! That is tomorrow - a few weeks ago when I made the commitment, it seemed so far away and now it is TOMORROW. Many of you know that I have a free gym at my work - yes, its free, they even have contests all the time and PAY YOU MONEY or give you FREE PRIZES if you lose the most weight, spend the most time exercising, etc. I have never set foot in the free gym except for the day it opened and they were giving out free first aid kits and some refreshments. I have to laugh at how lazy I am - I went to the gym once - FOR FREE FOOD!! What is wrong with me?? So, tomorrow is the big day. I plan to be at the gym at 7:00 am - work out for 30 minutes and shower and get ready for work by 8. I am not sure what I am going to do for those 45 minutes exactly - we have 2 free personal trainers that hang out in our free gym, but I am afraid of them. I am sure they are nice and I just need to get to know them so I don't feel intimidated. I took a big step today by actually going into the gym and looking around. l picked up a nutrition plan packet from one of the trainers while trying not to make too much eye contact. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

S&M said...

Cool! You have always been athlete and I know that you still are! I think you will be surprised when you start how great you will feel! You Rock!

Anonymous said...

Your lack of free gym use has KILLED ME! I was going to say something to you tomorrow about it being May 1st, glad you are on it. Start slow and your body will remember how much it loves to work hard. Use the trainers- I hope one of them is a 'no-excuses' type and busts your butt if they don't see you for a few days. That is what you need! You can do this! You CAN do hard things! You will succeed!

Jeanette Mauerman said...

That's great! I'm in the same boat with you starting Monday. Cuz I'll have a free gym too. We can be each other's support system.

Christina said...

Wishing you luck. How is it going??