Friday, April 25, 2008

Super Hannah


I got to see Hannah run last Saturday and I was amazed!! How could someone who has had 2 kids and bum feet for 6 months run 13.1 miles?? It was definitely more mental strength than physical strength. This is something that I admire about Hannah - she decides to do something and then makes it happen. She is this was with parenting, money and now running. I certainly admire (and lack) her will power. Watching the race was definitely inspiring. It was neat to see Mya watch the race. She was so excited as she watched for her mom's orange shirt.

"My dad's favorite color is orange, so my mom has a an orange shirt and orange dishes"



"Gimme five, on the side, up high, in space, IN YOUR FACE!!!"


"My mom is the fastest mom in the whole world, she's gonna WIN!"


"Look at the cute doggie, he's runnin' the race TOO!! He's runnin' the race, he's runnin' the race TOO!!! Hillary! Hillary, take a picture, hurry!!!"


"I love you mom!"


"Gimme five, on the side, cut the pickle, TICKLE TICKLE!!!"

3 comments:

Harley said...

I take issue with your claim you lack willpower. You chased down soccer balls in 100 degree Texas weather. You served a year long mission and even went back after severe head trauma! Stamina, willpower, toughness, these are words that describe you and you have inspired me as I am sure you have inspired Hannah and others.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I am soooooo grateful you guys were there. Now that I have done it, I realize just how much having people there matters to your race. I looked forward to seeing you guys the whole time- thinking that I couldn't give up because you all would be waiting at another mile.

You have will power- you just need to re-harness it! You are and have always been a tough big sister, and so many years growing up I felt like I was trying to be just like you with soccer and all those other sports you rocked. You still do!

Macy said...

I bet it is way more fun to watch the race then be in it! I'm glad I've got your address now!! I guess you can't say really mean things about me now...well I guess you still could!