Friday, May 2, 2008

Body By Blendtec

I took my camera to the gym on Wednesday afternoon so I could add them to the blog. I was taking a few pictures and then someone came in.

Trainer: Hi, can I help you?

Me: Uh... (fumbling to put camera in pocket) I was just taking some pictures for my blog (pushes up glasses and hikes up pants). I mean, I work here, and I am going to start working out tomorrow and I just wanted to make sure that I could find the gym...

Trainer: Oh good, we have a great gym, are you new here?

Me: No, I've worked here for about 4 years.

Trainer: Wow. Well, have you ever used Body By Blendtec?

Me: What?

Trainer: (points to large 3' tall letters on the wall) Body By Blendtec, you know, the gym.

Me: Oooohhhh... (nervous laughter), I've been in here once, to turn in my paperwork and to get some free food. I forgot the gym had a name... (side note: I think the name "Body By Blendtec" is cheesy and completely lame).

Trainer: (looking up from file cabinet) Ok... Looks like you're signed up - we can get you on a good plan.

Me: I think I need to start slow, like just trying not to die. (nervous laughter, slowly backing away)

Trainer: We won't hurt ya! See you tomorrow!


Here is the gym:


Here are the lockers:


Here is one of the showers (there are 2):

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I am glad someone caught you red handed and started up some kind of dialog! You are going to do so well- accountability is key! Between the trainers and you reporting here and to me :) you can't fail!

"What would you attempt to accomplish if you KNEW you could not fail?"

S&M said...

This is like the funnest to read about! Ha ha! Make sure to keep me updated, like I want to know when your are so sore its hard to sit down to go to the bathroom! Thats when you really know your alive! :)

~M~

-Rebecca said...

That is awesome-- Can't wait to hear more!

Christina said...

Hillary-arious. You are so funny. The thing I like about the gym is that once you figure it out, you have it figured out! My favorite thing is weight training on the machines.

Anonymous said...

Update..Update..Update..

Lisa K said...

Hi Hillary! I found your blog link from your facebook page. From your blog it looks like things have been going well!

S&M said...

must know more!