Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy Week



This week has been pretty busy at work. I was in a conference room Monday through Friday 7:30 to 5:30 and then working from home Monday through Thursday night on the stuff I didn't have time to do during the day. It was about a 65 hour work week with a few nights with very little sleep. I don't know how my brother does it!! This is just one week and my brain is fried. My company has purchased some new ERP software to replace our existing software. We were running Sage Pro 7.4 and we are changing to SAP Business One. This change is long over due and I am wishing every day that this would have been done 1 or 2 years ago. The idea to switch was presented about 2 years ago and rejected by upper management. Note to anyone in upper management - LISTEN TO THE IT DEPARTMENT!! IT gets a bad rap a lot of times, but they don't mess around. If the IT department says you need to do something, do it. Enough whining and some things to be thankful about:

1. Learning a lot about business during this process at work
2. It is really nice to be listened to and respected in these meetings
3. I love that I have an understanding husband who lets me work too much when I have to
4. I love that I have an understanding husband that makes me take a break before I actually fry some brain circuits.
5. I am glad nothing happened this week to prevent me from going to work, ie getting the flu, car trouble, rabies, etc.
6. I am SO GLAD every week is not like this week
7. I am glad someone sent me the following video. It gave me a good laugh.



4 comments:

Harley said...

Eventually you get used to working late, it becomes easier and your brain is less scattered. So don't do it for very long or you will end up always working late. But if you like working long hours, then you should start your own business and quit your day job because you will make a lot more profit in the long run that way. Right now your long hours benefit someone else more than you.

Anonymous said...

I hated the long hours before a project at LP- back in the day. Now I get the long hours all the time with very little listening or respect- ha!

But I second Harley, don't bust your butt too much just so someone else can cash the bigger check. In the end, you will look back and wonder why you stressed so much. And listen to Randy when he tells you that you are working too hard.

Christina said...

I LOVE the FedEx Cup ad. I need some golf clubs at work. LOL!

Keep a stiff upper lip and remember to use situations like these to improve yourself and polish your skills. If you do, you are really working for yourself and it will pay off in the end!

Christina said...

BTW - I'm glad you didn't get rabies either.