Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May 2008 Recap

Things I am proud of:

  • I went to the gym every Monday – Friday in May except for one
  • I have been eating less and thinking about what I am eating more
  • I got desperate and ate a Totino’s pizza one night but then threw up (I am proud of that because my body rejected it)
  • I get out of bed easily in the morning
  • I haven’t had a regular soda other than on a free day and I have been drinking very little diet soda
  • Working out is the best part of my day
  • I have more energy
  • I have lost about 7 pounds
  • I have better posture


  • Things I need to work on this month:


  • I need to drink a lot more water
  • Some free days have turned into more of a free weekend – I need to have more willpower
  • I need to eat more breakfast and less dinner

  • I need to work out one more day a week - either Saturday or Sunday
  • I should start walking and running rather than just doing the stationary bike
  • I need to eat less candy – eat it only on the free day
  • I need to be eating more protein like protein shakes and cottage cheese
  • I need to eat better carbs like brown rice and more whole wheat

  • I need to eat more breakfast and less dinner
  • I should start walking and running rather than just doing the stationary bike
  • In general I need to work on eating better, not just eating less
  • 5 comments:

    Harley said...

    For your rice fix: Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown is really easy and good, Rebecca found it at costco. Eat some fish, frozen salmon is a great protien to eat with lemon or spices. Eat some baked sweet potatoes, they really are good without any thing on them and low calorie too. Good work!

    Anonymous said...

    Nicely done! I noticed some duplicates on the the 'need to' list, so I think it is awesome that your accomplishments are more numerous than the things to work on. Weekends are hard. They just are. And I too have a hard time eating a big breakfast- unless it is pancakes and bacon and eggs...

    Want to bike with me on the weekends? We could try it out and see how it goes. I am loving it and it would be fun to go with you.

    -Rebecca said...

    Hillary you are awesome! That you are doing so good. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you.

    S&M said...

    your pretty cool. Man, I want to be better like you :(

    Hillary said...

    Hannah - biking on the weekends would be cool, but my bike is a cruiser bike that is a little better suited for cruising than exercising. I 'm not sure I could keep up with you, but its worth a shot.