Friday, April 17, 2009

He was an ice cream man, she was a New York lawyer...

I hate romantic comedies - I. HATE. them. It's not just that they are so predictable or that the acting sucks. It makes me really sad that there are so many good movies out there like this one, or this one, or this, or this, or this one, this one, or even this. After watching a romantic comedy, people try to convince themselves and their friends that they just saw a good movie. These movies are marketed for dating and for people who don't understand love and relationships enough to get a date. The reason they don't understand relationships is because........ (drum roll please) they watch too many romantic comedies! If you're with me, check out this post - I was laughing my guts out!!


If you still insist on seeing these movies, let me take the liberty of ruining the plot of every single one:

Step 1 - Two unlikely people fall in love
Step 2 - There is some sort of misunderstanding that you know about, but the characters do not.
Step 3 - The misunderstanding is resolved in a very humorous and cutesy way
Step 4 - End of movie wedding scene is optional, but can be soooooooo cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That link was SO funny. Oh man.

Harley said...

But what is the best RC out there? Princess Bride?

Kelli said...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen! I admit to watching romcoms, but only for the pretty clothes and stuff. And some are better than others. I just accept that the movie I'm about to watch is complete nonsense. But even I stay away from the Matthew ones.