Friday, January 30, 2009

First Taste of Kick Boxing




I went to a kickboxing class with Hannah last night. It was my first time doing something like that and I really liked it. I was dripping sweat for almost the entire hour. I didn't know that my body could do some of the stuff that the instructor was having us do. I am sore this morning, but I still managed to do my normal workout. I don't think I have done an hour straight of hard cardio in years. I bet my heart rate stayed in the target training zone (around 155 for me) for the whole hour, so that was good. One thing I didn't expect was to have trouble with the hand-eye coordination, but I did. I think I could get better at it over time, but either way, it made me sweat and it made me hurt, so I think it is working.

2 comments:

S&M said...

Awe Man! I love kickboxing! I miss it so much! You and Hannah are going to be in such good shape!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun. Now you see why I like it so much- you work that hard for an hour, but the time kinda passes and the more you do it, the more fun you have. I am glad you came!