Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Feeling of Peace


My mom received a priesthood blessing from my dad, Randy, and Harley. There was a great feeling of peace and comfort in the room and I feel very good about her surgery for ovarian cancer. It is amazing to me how you can feel so worried and upset and how the power of the priesthood can make you feel so much better. I am guilty of sometimes taking the church to lightly and getting into a routine. Sometimes the social aspects of the church really get to me and I let them effect my attitude. The bottom line is, the holy ghost is real, the priesthood is real, and the promise of eternal life is real. These are the things I know, and no matter how much life tries to get in the way, I will always be grateful for the feelings of comfort I have felt in those quiet times when I have made the time to listen.

I am so grateful that a 14-year-old boy, Joseph Smith, entered a grove of trees asking to know which church is right. I will be eternally grateful for the answer he received and the subsequent restoration of the priesthood and its keys through John the Baptist; Peter, James, and John.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Talked to Rebecca, glad the surgery went well. Whew! And - it is real!

Harley said...

nice post, hope you don't get flamed, the internet is pretty hostile place for people who have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and chose to express it